Shortlist announced for annual KP competition
Judges for the 2017 awards include James Horler, chief executive of 360 Restaurants; Richard Davies, executive chef of Calcot Manor Hotel; Anne Pierce, chief executive of Springboard UK; Sara Jayne Stanes, chief executive of the of the Royal Academy of Culinary Arts; Hayden Groves, executive chef, BaxterStorey; and Stephen Kinkead, managing director, Winterhalter UK.
Stephen Kinkead was delighted with the continued response to the competition and said: “The calibre of entries just keeps getting stronger and stronger. This year was the most difficult to judge yet.”
The top 10 KPs of the Year 2017 are:
• Bayani Balba, kitchen porter, One Great George Street, Westminster, London
• Banjamin Berany, senior kitchen porter, The Vineyard, Newbury, Berkshire
• Mohammed El Wakili, head kitchen porter, The Goring, Westminster, London
• Mariano Espinoza, kitchen porter, The Carpenters Arms, Islington, London
• Daniel Gligorov, head kitchen porter, the White Hart at Fyfield, Oxford
• Miroslaw Glogowski, kitchen porter, the Landmark, Marylebone, London
• Adam Kaczor, head kitchen porter, Special Catering Company, Heathcote & Co, Bolton
• Rafal Matrejek, kitchen porter, Berwick Lodge, Bristol
• Jose Nunez, kitchen porter, The Stafford, St James, London
• June Pond, senior kitchen porter, Double Tree by Hilton, Milton Keynes
The winner will be announced in October. The prize fund is valued at over £10,000. The winner receives £1,000 in cash, plus a celebratory meal with friends, there are cash prizes for the runners up, and the winner’s establishment gets a Winterhalter machine.
For the latest news on the KP awards, visit www.kpoftheyear.com